Jing Daily is seeking a full-time, China-based business reporter to join its growing editorial team in covering the latest news and trends in China’s luxury market. Applicants should have a solid portfolio of business writing, with a preference for stories on digital marketing, e-commerce, social media, and travel as they relate to the industry.
- Writing assigned articles and pitching original articles
- Contributing to research reports
- Contributing to weekly and daily newsletters
- Identifying relevant China luxury industry topics in the news from both Chinese- and English-language sources
- Uploading stories, photos, and multimedia through WordPress
- One or more years of China business writing experience
- Understanding of the luxury industry or a relevant sector such as fashion
- Experience in building a strong list of industry contacts
- Skills in analyzing and interpreting data
- Ability to read and conduct research in Chinese
- Experience with a content management system (especially WordPress) and mailing list programs (MailChimp) a plus; basic html a plus
Please send a resume, cover letter, and clips to email@example.com.
Social Media Manager
We’re seeking a part-time, in-house, Social Media Manager to assist with our social media content. The ideal candidate will have the ability to produce strategically minded content in keeping with the brand’s message.
In this role, you will contribute to both the strategic and creative aspects of social media marketing by authoring daily content for the Jing DailyIsocial media accounts. You will participate in the development of weekly content calendars, and help with the planning of thematic campaigns and initiatives and be responsible for leading the strategy of the company’s B2B-facing social media channels.
- Design and manage Jing Daily’s social media strategy including publishing content, encouraging repeat site visits, acquiring and retaining new visitors and building brand awareness for Jing Daily
- Create a comprehensive marketing plan and build a calendar that collaborates cross-functionally with marketing team, editorial team, creative, partnerships, analytics, and PR teams to align strategy
- Build engagement by amplifying our message across applicable platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, WeChat, and Weibo
- Develop and expand community with influencer outreach effort and engage with key influencers on all social channels
- Oversee daily posting and engagement across social channels.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in social media, community management, and/or digital PR
- Strong leadership qualities and minimum 2 years’ experience in managing a team.
- Relevant experience working in online media and/or publishing, with the ability to react quickly to industry trends and adapt strategy accordingly.
- An excellent writer, and have highly developed verbal and visual communication skills
- Deep knowledge of paid media across social media platforms.
- Exceptionally organized and can balance multiple calendars and deadlines
- Deeply immersed in the social landscape, always curious to learn more and stay abreast of emerging technologies and platforms
- Self-starter and highly motivated; capable of working independently, yet collaboratively, within a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record transforming creative ideas into successful social media implementations across multiple brands.
Positive factors, but not requirements
- Experience with WordPress, Facebook Ads, Google Analytics and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Chinese social networks, including WeChat and Weibo, a plus.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.