Jing Daily is seeking an editorial intern to be based out of its New York office. The position will report to the Associate Editor and is a great opportunity for talented students or recent graduates interested in the business side of luxury, fashion, and lifestyle in China. The intern will have the chance to pitch original story ideas and build his/her portfolio, as well as be a part of a fast-growing company that poses endless learning opportunities.
Major responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Identifying relevant China luxury industry topics in the news and on major social media platforms from both Chinese- and English-language sources, pitching the news to Associate Editor to either be part of daily news briefing or a fuller story idea
- Assist with managing editorial calendar – filling out the days with discussed story ideas
- Providing research, transcription and fact-checking assistance to editorial team
- Assist with contacting sources for quotes + expanding source pool — reaching out to new credible companies for case studies, research etc.
- Writing assigned articles and pitching story ideas (typically 1 written story per week)
- Uploading stories, photos, and multimedia through WordPress, assisting with SEO fields and formatting, sourcing photos
- Conduct research on Chinese media, subscribers, and assist the Chinese Content Manager in identifying optimization opportunities.
- Share ideas and participate in team meetings
- Excellent written English with web-based writing experience, and ability to read/conduct research in Chinese
- An interest in luxury, business, and fashion trends in the China market
- Social-media savvy – experience with Chinese social media such as Sina Weibo and WeChat
- Passionate for being on the pulse of news, especially news from China, as well as emerging business and consumer trends
- Available now with a minimum commitment of three months preferred, intern will have a regular, in-office schedule to adhere to with standard working hours
- Experience with a content management system (especially WordPress) a plus; basic html knowledge a plus
Please send the following to email@example.com:
- Attach a resume or CV
- 3 samples of your writing
- Provide links to your social media accounts