At a time when geopolitics is creating unprecedented instability, when consumers’ understanding and definition of “luxury” is forcing luxury businesses to innovate, and when technology continues to drive change, the 2019 New York Summit agenda provides essential insights into the developing opportunities and challenges for luxury brands.
This year’s conference will combine the most exciting developments in the luxury marketplace with a business and legal perspective on how luxury is expanding and growing and dealing with the challenges on the horizon.
Some of the highlights include:
- What are the key issues for today’s premier brands? A team from Chanel, headed up by general counsel Dan Rosenberg, will discuss legal and luxury.
- Tim Hirsch, general counsel of the latest luxury disruptor, CaaStle, talks about the fast-developing luxury clothes rental sector and the impact of technology;
- Meanwhile Adam Brown, CEO and founder of the innovative Orlebar Brown company recently acquired by Chanel, discusses his journey creating a premium brand of swimwear for men – from setting up to being acquired.
- The summit will provide also global updates including the latest on China and the world of luxury, Latin American, Middle Eastern and European insights including Brexit insights and new and emerging markets.
Other topics on the agenda include Aviation and travel; Protecting your business in Canada and the US; Data and privacy issues; TradeTalk; TechnologyTalk; Antitrust and competition strategies; Sustainability and Brand Protection.
09:00 Luxury Futures: From tech to trade
- Despite disruption on a global scale, business opportunities have never been better for the luxury industry. We will explore how luxury brands are emboldened to re-engineer in a world of change.
09:30 Disruptive Luxury: An inside track
- Technology is playing a major role in putting luxury disruptors ahead of the game. Tim Hirsch talks rental, technology and why Silicon Valley is helping shape luxury for the better.
10:00 GC Talk: Luxury Brand Insights
- first panel looks at how 2019 is shaping up for general counsel in the sector, what is disrupting their businesses and how they are dealing with business and legal issues on their desks.
11:00 TechTalk: Interacting With Luxury Tech
11:30 TradeTalk– A Global Perspective
2:00 Luxpreneurs: Creating, growing and selling a luxury business
3.20 Luxury in China
4.30 Aviation Elite: Luxury travel
4.50 TechTalk: Humanizing Technology
- How can technology learn from art to become emotionally intelligent? What implications does this have for the luxury marketplace?