- This event has passed.
May 19 - May 21
Celebrating its 15th year, the 2019 Financial Times Business of Luxury Summit will be held for the first time in Madrid, a city with a strong and vibrant cultural heritage.
This summit will take place during a period of continuing political disruption and economic uncertainty and the agenda will focus on the opportunities that can arise from the industry from this fluctuating environment. How can businesses adopt agile and start-up strategies that will deliver growth and exceed customer and shareholder expectations? Will the industry be able to protect itself from the might of the e-commerce giants? What needs to change? Where are the new developing markets and with trade wars a high risk, how will the industry retain the lucrative Chinese market? The program will also look at the latest investment opportunities in the sector with panels of leading investors from banking and private equity.
Co-chaired by the FT’s editor, Lionel Barber and fashion editor, Jo Ellison, you will be joined by leading executives from the industry as well as innovators and financiers to debate the latest changes in the luxury narrative and what lies ahead.
- Remo Ruffini, chairman and CEO, Moncler
- Sidney Toledano, chairman and CEO, LVMH
- Emmanuel Gintzburger, CEO, Alexander McQueen
- Stephen Lussier, executive VP, DeBeers Group and CEO, Forevermark
- Jonathan Anderson, creative director, JW Anderson and Loewe
- Shirley Chen, founder and CEO, Narrativ
- Adrian Cheng, founder, K11 and co-founder, C Ventures
- Clive Ng, co-founder, C Ventures
- And more!