- This event has passed.
November 11, 2020 @ 10:30 am
Every year, Alibaba’s 11.11 Global Shopping Festival (also known as “Singles’ Day”) sets the tone for the state of consumer spending in China. This year, the story isn’t about the sales figures we’ve come to associate with 11.11, but about opportunities for global businesses – big and small.
While not a consumer-facing event in the U.S. and Europe, thousands of U.S. and European brands participate in the event for the unmatched opportunity to grow their businesses globally. It’s akin to the Super Bowl for more than 250,000 brands, where they pull out all the stops to wow Chinese consumers, and where Alibaba unveils the latest in retail innovation.
What to expect:
“Understanding 11.11: Alibaba’s Mega Shopping Festival” is a live virtual event tailored for Western audiences to learn about the opportunities of the Chinese consumer market and how to succeed there.
The 45-minute live broadcast — a first for the company — will air online on Wednesday, November 11, 2020 at 10:30 a.m. ET (7:30 a.m. PT, 3:30 p.m. GMT, 4:30 p.m. CET). The broadcast is timed to coincide with the last 30 minutes of the 11.11 festival in China (11:30 p.m. to 12:00 a.m., China time) and the 15-minute period immediately following, when Alibaba will be sharing live results from the festival.
The agenda features:
- Alibaba Group Executives Joe Tsai, Executive Vice Chairman and Michael Evans, President
- Global brands such as Diane von Furstenberg (DvF), Fender, and BISSELL on what it takes to succeed in the Chinese market
- Small businesses participating in 11.11 for the first time and lessons learned
- Speakers such as Diane von Furstenberg and Magic Johnson
- Interview with one of China’s hottest livestreamers on this powerful marketing and brand-building tool that has taken the country by storm
- Live results of 11.11 and a behind-the-scenes look at how Alibaba pulls off the world’s largest shopping festival
Who should attend:
- Established brands looking to learn more about how to enter or succeed in the China consumer market
- Small and medium-sized businesses who are thinking about entering the Chinese market and want to learn from others like them
- Investors looking to better understand the China retail, technology and consumer landscape and its global significance
- Industry experts and analysts who want to learn more about emerging retail and consumer trends and innovations
How to register:
- November 11, 2020
- 10:30 am
- Event Categories:
- Digital, Marketing, retail, Social Media, Technology
- Event Tags:
- 11.11, 2020 Singles' Day, alibaba group, Alibaba Singles' Day, china, commerce, Double 11, ecommerce, livestreaming, Luxury, retail, retail innovation, shopping festival