Launched in 2009, Jing Daily is the leading authority for daily news and analysis on luxury consumer trends in the China market.
Journalists, marketers, entrepreneurs, and individuals seeking to understand the complex and rapidly growing Chinese consumer market look to Jing Daily for fresh and accurate insights.
Jing Daily’s core team is bilingual, bicultural, and headquartered in Manhattan, a top destination for luxury consumers. In addition, we call on a global network of regular contributors and freelancers from Shanghai to Paris, Hong Kong to London, and beyond.
Jing Daily is the media’s source: we are regularly quoted as a trusted industry voice on The New York Times, International Herald Tribune, Washington Post, BBC, CNN, Financial Times, The Independent (UK), The Atlantic, Harper’s Bazaar, Forbes, Business of Fashion, Quartz, Skift, The Gloss, and Luxury Society.
Jing Daily. The business of luxury and culture in China.
Contact: info [at] jingdaily [dot] com
Winter/Spring 2014 Editorial Fellowship
Jing Daily is seeking an Editorial Fellow at its Chelsea headquarters in New York City for its 2014 Winter/Spring Fellowship program. The program is a structured, six-month paid position for talented recent graduates interested in writing about the business side of luxury and culture in China.
Excellent written English with web-based writing experience
Ability to read/conduct research in Chinese
An interest in business, luxury, culture, and/or fashion as they relate to China
Social-media savvy; experience with Chinese social media such as Sina Weibo and WeChat a plus
Experience with a content management system (especially WordPress) a plus; basic html a plus
Identifying relevant China luxury industry topics in the news from both Chinese- and English-language sources
Writing two or more short pieces daily, alongside more in-depth features
Upload stories, photos, and multimedia through WordPress
Assist with social media
Please send a resume, cover letter, and three clips (can be from published work or a personal website) in PDF format to Liz Flora at eflora [at] jingdaily [dot] com with the subject line “Fellowship”.
Business Development Internship
Jing Daily is looking for a Chinese / English bilingual intern to assist in business development and marketing efforts.
Familiarity with Chinese social media platforms required. A business or marketing background preferred. Passion for the luxury market a plus.
The successful candidate will work closely within a small team, reporting directly to the Associate Publisher and VP, Business Development.
- Assist in collecting news and information to generate relevant and engaging social media posts
Listings, memberships, and sponsorship:
- Update the listings section of the site
- Assist in identifying and researching prospective clients / sponsors
- Help brainstorm and implement outreach and solicitation strategies
- Assist in implementation of sponsor benefits
- Work with partners and staff to gather and synthesize audience/demographic data and related statistics and marketing related data for marketing materials
- Assist in event planning
- Sponsorships (see above)
- Strong organizational and writing skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task under multiple deadlines
- Experience in fundraising, securing, and managing corporate and in-kind sponsors
- Ability to think outside the box
- Knowledge of the media landscape
- Ability to work independently within a core team
- Marketing, journalism, business background
Applicants who fail to demonstrate relevant skills including bilingual proficiency will not be considered.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Philana Woo at philana [at] jingdaily [dot] com with the subject line [F/W13 BD/MKTG Internship].